Parmigiano and Herb Chicken Tenders by Rachel Ray
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 1/2 pound(s) chicken tenders rinsed and dried
- 1 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 2 whole(s) eggs beaten
- 2 cup(s) Italian style bread crumbs
- 6 sprig(s) Thyme stripped & chopped
- 6 sprig(s) Rosemary finely chopped
- 4 clove(s) garlic finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon(s) red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place a nonstick cookie sheet in oven with a tin foil liner.
- Heat 1/2-inch oil in a large nonstick skillet or frying pan over medium to medium high heat.
- Season chicken tenders with salt and pepper. Wash hands. Place flour in a shallow dish. Beat eggs with water in a second dish along side the flour. In a third dish, combine the breading ingredients. Coat chicken in flour, then egg, then bread and cheese mixture. To keep your hands clean, ask for plastic gloves at the butcher counter. To ease your clean up, try using disposable tin pie tins for the flour, egg and bread crumbs.
- Cook chicken until deeply golden on each side, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to cookie sheet in preheated oven and finish off for another 5 minutes cooking time. Cook chicken 5 or 6 tenders at a time in a single layer, adding additional oil if necessary. If the chicken begins to brown too quickly lower heat slightly. Serve chicken hot or cold with green salad or, complete as a Parmigiano.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by NearlyEdible and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note