Parmesan-White Bean Dip
Use beans as a base for this dip to keep the fat low and offer the added benefit of fiber.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 teaspoon(s) Olive or Canola oil
- 2 clove(s) garlic finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon(s) thyme leaves fresh (or 1 t dried thyme leaves chopped
- 1 can(s) 19 oz Progresso Cannellini beans drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley chopped
- 1 cup(s) shredded Parmesan cheese (3 3/4 oz)
- carrot sticks
- In heavy 2-quart saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic and thyme; cook 1 to 2 minutes, stirring constantly, until garlic is light golden. Remove from heat.
- Add beans and broth to saucepan. Partially mash beans with potato masher. Stir in parsley. Heat over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until bean mixture is thoroughly heated. Stir in cheese until melted. Serve warm with carrot sticks.
- You can also use pita wedges or crackers;
- Top off this creamy dip with a sprig of fresh thyme.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by LongBeachLiz and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Parmesan-White Bean Dip Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers