These were easy to make, though remember to plan ahead for the chill time. Very flavorful and with a nice texture. Not yeasty. I can think of a lot of entree's to pair these with. We had them with Fettucine Alfredo with Bacon, also on MyRecipes.com.
Photo: Sylvia Martin
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add cheese and sour cream, beating until blended.
- Combine flour and Italian seasoning. Gradually add to butter mixture; beat at low speed until blended. Cover and chill 30 minutes.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface; knead 3 or 4 times. Divide dough in half. Roll half of dough into a 12- x 6-inch rectangle. Cut into 6- x 1/2-inch strips. Stir together egg yolk and 1 tablespoon water; brush over breadsticks. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sesame seeds. Twist strips, and place on lightly greased baking sheets. Repeat with remaining dough, egg wash, and sesame seeds.
- Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until golden. Freeze up to 3 months, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note