This was quick and delicious. Made this for dinner exactly as the recipe called for - I would definitely use rosemary as it added so much, in my opinion. Would make again - probably not for a special occasion but for a quick dinner or brunch.
Parmesan Toasts with Asparagus, Prosciutto, and Eggs
Photo: Iain Bagwell; Styling: Dan Becker
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 456
- Calories from fat: 51%
- Protein: 27g
- Fat: 26g
- Saturated fat: 6.7g
- Carbohydrate: 30g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Sodium: 1661mg
- Cholesterol: 237mg
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 8 asparagus spears, ends trimmed
- 1 fresh rosemary sprig, about 3 in. long
- 2 slices crusty bread such as ciabatta, sliced 1 in. thick
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 4 thin slices (2 oz.) prosciutto
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Heat 1 tbsp. oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Add asparagus and sauté until tender when pierced, about 5 minutes. Transfer asparagus to a plate. Add remaining oil and rosemary to pan. Cook rosemary until oil is hot, about 2 minutes, then discard the herb.
- 2. Put bread slices in pan and toast in oil, turning once, about 1 minute. Sprinkle about 2 tbsp. parmesan onto each piece of bread and cook until cheese starts to melt and bread starts to brown slightly, about 2 minutes. Transfer bread to plates.
- 3. Reduce heat to medium and in the same pan, gently fry both eggs to your liking. Top each piece of bread with 2 prosciutto slices and half the asparagus. Set an egg on top of each and sprinkle servings with salt and pepper.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch