- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 8 asparagus spears, ends trimmed
- 1 fresh rosemary sprig, about 3 in. long
- 2 slices crusty bread such as ciabatta, sliced 1 in. thick
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 4 thin slices (2 oz.) prosciutto
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- calories 456
- caloriesfromfat 51 %
- protein 27 g
- fat 26 g
- satfat 6.7 g
- carbohydrate 30 g
- fiber 2.1 g
- sodium 1661 mg
- cholesterol 237 mg
How to Make It
Heat 1 tbsp. oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Add asparagus and sauté until tender when pierced, about 5 minutes. Transfer asparagus to a plate. Add remaining oil and rosemary to pan. Cook rosemary until oil is hot, about 2 minutes, then discard the herb.
Put bread slices in pan and toast in oil, turning once, about 1 minute. Sprinkle about 2 tbsp. parmesan onto each piece of bread and cook until cheese starts to melt and bread starts to brown slightly, about 2 minutes. Transfer bread to plates.
Reduce heat to medium and in the same pan, gently fry both eggs to your liking. Top each piece of bread with 2 prosciutto slices and half the asparagus. Set an egg on top of each and sprinkle servings with salt and pepper.