These turned out really delicious. Very creamy. The Parmesan and sage combination gave it a new flavor twist. There were about five mashed sweet potato dishes at our Thanksgiving and everyone praised this recipe as the best!!
Parmesan-Sage Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Photo: Mary Britton Senseney/Wonderful Machine; Styling: Mary Clayton Carl
Yield: Serves 4 (serving size: 1/2 cup)
Cost per Serving: $1.05
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 233
- Fat: 4.9g
- Saturated fat: 3.1g
- Sodium: 328mg
- 4 sweet potatoes (about 2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon softened butter
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh sage
- 1 ounce freshly grated Parmesan cheese (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1. Pierce each potato with a fork 3 to 4 times on each side. Wrap each potato in a damp paper towel. Microwave at HIGH 8 minutes, turning after 4 minutes. Cool slightly. Cut potatoes in half; scoop pulp into a bowl. Mash pulp.
- 2. Stir butter, milk, sage, Parmesan cheese, and salt into potato pulp.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables