Great taste! Super clean and easy. Served it with quinoa and butternut squash. Awesome dinner, my picky BF loved it. Traded the bread crumbs for Panko.
Parmesan and Sage-Crusted Pork Chops
High-quality Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese and fresh sage add robust flavors to lean pork chops. Serve with sautéed Swiss chard and creamy polenta for a quick weeknight dinner.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 272
- Calories from fat: 45%
- Fat: 13.6g
- Saturated fat: 3.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.2g
- Protein: 28.8g
- Carbohydrate: 7g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Cholesterol: 69mg
- Iron: 1.3mg
- Sodium: 409mg
- Calcium: 102mg
- 1 (1 1/4-ounce) slice white bread, torn into pieces
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 2 large egg whites
- 4 (4-ounce) boneless thin-cut pork loin chops, trimmed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1. Place bread in a food processor; pulse bread 10 times or until coarse crumbs measure about 1 cup. Combine breadcrumbs, cheese, sage, salt, and pepper in a shallow dish. Place flour in another shallow dish. Combine mustard and egg whites in another shallow dish, stirring with a whisk.
- 2. Working with one pork chop at a time, dredge pork in flour, shaking off excess. Dip pork into egg white mixture, allowing excess to drip off. Coat pork completely with breadcrumb mixture. Set aside. Repeat procedure with remaining pork, flour, egg white mixture, and breadcrumb mixture.
- 3. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add oil to pan, swirling to coat. Add pork; cook 3 minutes on each side or until browned and done.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes