This recipe is very time consuming! I served this for a dinner party and everyone loved it. However, I am rating this based on the fact that I make risotto often and did not care for the large quantity of vegetables that went into this, or the flavor for that matter, spinach was also bland. I added 8 oz. lobster meat and 3 tbls. truffle oil to risotto before topping mushrooms, and I baked the mushrooms seperately, adding risotto and cheese after 30 minute and broiled until cheese browned.
Parmesan Risotto-Stuffed Portobellos
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 372
- Calories from fat: 23%
- Fat: 9.6g
- Saturated fat: 3.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 15.9g
- Carbohydrate: 60.5g
- Fiber: 7.7g
- Cholesterol: 12mg
- Iron: 6.6mg
- Sodium: 773mg
- Calcium: 303mg
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 cup minced fresh onion
- 1 cup minced celery
- 1 cup minced carrot
- 1 cup uncooked Arborio or other short-grain rice
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup minced green onions or chives
- 4 (5-ounce) portobello mushrooms (about 6 inches wide)
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (10-ounce) bag fresh spinach, trimmed
- Bring broth and 2 cups water to a simmer in a medium saucepan (do not boil). Keep warm over low heat.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add minced onion, celery, and carrot; sauté 1 minute. Add rice; sauté 5 minutes. Stir in wine; cook 5 minutes or until liquid is nearly absorbed, stirring constantly. Add broth mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly until each portion of broth is absorbed before adding the next (about 20 minutes total). Remove from heat; stir in Parmesan cheese and green onions.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Remove stems from mushroom caps; discard. Place mushroom caps, gill sides up, in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Spoon 1 1/4 cups risotto mixture into each cap; top each with 1 tablespoon mozzarella cheese. Pour 1/2 cup water into dish. Bake at 375° for 30 minutes or until mushroom caps are tender.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat until hot. Add chopped onion and garlic; sauté 2 minutes or until tender. Add spinach; sauté 2 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Arrange 1/2 cup spinach mixture on each plate. Remove stuffed mushrooms from baking dish with a slotted spoon; place on spinach mixture.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables