These were amazing! They were nice and crispy on the outside and creamy on the inside. I did soak the potato wedges in water for ~30 minutes beforehand to remove some of the starch, which helps crisp up the potatoes when you bake them.
Parmesan-Coated Potato Wedges
More From Cooking Light
Total: 50 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 165
- Fat: 2.4g
- Saturated fat: 1.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Protein: 7.4g
- Carbohydrate: 28.5g
- Fiber: 2.7g
- Cholesterol: 7mg
- Iron: 1.2mg
- Sodium: 360mg
- Calcium: 109mg
- 1.5 ounces all-purpose flour (about 1/3 cup)
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) grated fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs), finely crushed
- 2 (8-ounce) baking potatoes, each cut lengthwise into 8 wedges
- 2 (8-ounce) sweet potatoes, each cut lengthwise into 8 wedges
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°.
- 2. Combine flour and salt in a shallow dish. Combine egg whites and water in a shallow dish, stirring with a whisk. Combine cheese and panko in another shallow dish.
- 3. Dredge potato wedges in flour mixture. Dip in egg white mixture; dredge in cheese mixture. Divide potato wedges between 2 baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Bake at 425° for 30 minutes or until golden, rotating pans after 20 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables