They fell apart when I cooked them. They became like mashed potatoes with crust in it. They turned into mush!! Terrible!!!
Parmesan Potato Pancakes
Prep: 10 minutes; Cook: 12-16 minutes.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 pancakes)
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 150
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 5g
- Carbohydrate: 24g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 4mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 568mg
- Calcium: 60mg
- 2 cups leftover mashed potatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives or green onions
- 1 large egg white
- 1/4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs, divided
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1. Combine potatoes, chives, egg white, and 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs in a large bowl.
- 2. Combine 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs and cheese on a small plate. Divide the potato mixture into 8 equal (1/4-cup) portions; dredge in breadcrumb mixture, shaping each portion into a 1/4-inch-thick patty.
- 3. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in large nonstick skillet. Add 4 patties; cook 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden. Repeat with 1 teaspoon oil and remaining 4 patties. Serve pancakes hot with applesauce and low-fat sour cream.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables