These can be prepared a day ahead and stored in an airtight container.
Yield: 2 dozen
- 2 cups self-rising soft-wheat flour
- 1/4 cup refrigerated shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, cut up
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- Combine first 3 ingredients. Cut butter into flour mixture with a pastry blender until crumbly; add buttermilk, stirring until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface; knead 3 to 4 times.
- Roll dough to 1/4-inch thickness; cut with a 2-inch round cutter, and place on a baking sheet. Reroll and cut trimmings, if necessary, to make 2 dozen.
- Bake at 425° for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Note: We used Martha White self-rising soft-wheat flour.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breads