Didn't rise at all! Also, 13 minutes was way too long. They came out burnt.
A light hand with the dough will help to ensure tender biscuits. This method of folding the dough creates irresistible flaky layers. To maximize the number of biscuits you get from the recipe, gather the dough scraps after cutting and gently pat or re-roll to a 3/4-inch thickness.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 131
- Calories from fat: 32%
- Fat: 4.7g
- Saturated fat: 2.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.2g
- Protein: 4.2g
- Carbohydrate: 18.5g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Cholesterol: 13mg
- Iron: 0.9mg
- Sodium: 239mg
- Calcium: 98mg
- 9 ounces all-purpose flour (about 2 cups)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chilled butter, cut into small pieces
- 3/4 cup fat-free buttermilk
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°.
- 2. Weigh or lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, baking powder, pepper, and salt in a large bowl; cut in butter with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse meal. Chill 10 minutes.
- 3. Combine buttermilk and honey, stirring with a whisk until well blended; add cheese. Add buttermilk mixture to flour mixture; stir just until moist.
- 4. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface; knead lightly 4 times. Roll dough into a (1/2-inch-thick) 9 x 5–inch rectangle; dust top of dough with flour. Fold dough crosswise into thirds (as if folding a piece of paper to fit into an envelope). Re-roll dough into a (1/2-inch-thick) 9 x 5–inch rectangle; dust top of dough with flour. Fold dough crosswise into thirds; gently roll or pat to a 3/4-inch thickness. Cut dough with a 1 3/4-inch biscuit cutter to form 14 dough rounds. Place dough rounds, 1 inch apart, on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake at 400° for 13 minutes or until golden. Remove from pan; cool 2 minutes on wire racks. Serve warm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note