Parmesan-Pecan Fried Chicken
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Buffy Hargett
More From Southern Living
Total: 1 Hour, 33 Minutes
- 2 pounds chicken breast tenders, cut into 1-inch-wide strips
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup ground pecans
- 2/3 cup plain yellow cornmeal
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- Vegetable oil
- Pickled Okra Salsa
- 1. Place chicken and buttermilk in a large zip-top plastic freezer bag. Seal and chill 1 hour. Remove chicken from buttermilk, discarding buttermilk.
- 2. Combine pecans and next 4 ingredients in a shallow bowl. Dip chicken in eggs; dredge in pecan mixture, shaking off excess. Arrange on a baking sheet. Pour oil to depth of 1 1/2 inches into a cast-iron Dutch oven or 12-inch (2 1/4-inch-deep) cast-iron skillet; heat to 350°. Fry chicken, in batches, 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown and chicken flakes with a fork. Drain on a wire rack over paper towels. Serve with Pickled Okra Salsa.
- Note: We tested with Zatarain's Creole Seasoning.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This