Very good and easy. Great substitute for regular, old way of frying okra.
This quick-to-fix side delivers the flavor of fried okra without the fuss. Pair it with grilled Italian sausage, or try Creole Okra With Smoked Sausage for an all-in-one skillet supper.
More From Southern Living
- 1 pound fresh okra, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons Greek seasoning
- 1/4 cup freshly shaved Parmesan cheese
- 1. Sauté okra in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 5 to 6 minutes or until crisp-tender. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and seasoning, and cook, stirring often, 3 minutes. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, and serve immediately.
- Creole Okra With Smoked Sausage: Omit Parmesan cheese. Substitute 1 tsp. Creole seasoning for 2 tsp. Greek seasoning. Cut 1 lb. smoked sausage diagonally into 1/4-inch-thick slices, and sauté in a large skillet over medium-high heat 7 to 8 minutes or until golden brown. Remove sausage from skillet, and wipe skillet clean. Proceed with recipe as directed; stir in sausage. Serve immediately. Prep: 10 min., Cook: 15 min.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note