Community Recipe from
- 2 2/3 cup(s) Bread flour
- 3 teaspoon(s) Active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon(s) Sea salt
- 1 Fennel seeds Crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) Crushed red pepper
- In a bowl combine first 4 ingredients, make a well.
- Pour in 3 cups olive oil and 1 cup warmed milk in well. Stir until dough comes together. Add 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan and mix until incorporated.
- Turn dough out onto floured surface and knead until smooth.
- Shape dough into ball and return to bowl. Cover, set in a warm, draft free place, and let rise until double in size, about 1 hour.
- Flour surface, turn dough out and knead lightly for 1 minute. Roll dough into a 12 by15 inch rectangle about 1/4 inch thick. Using a sharp knife, cut dough into strips just under 1/2 inch wide. Quickly roll strips until they're slightly rounded.
- Transfer to a parchment lined baking sheet. Set aside to rise again, 15 to20 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400 F. Bake on middle shelf until golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes, flipping breadsticks halfway through. Let cool.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by beatusduo and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Parmesan Grissini Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breads