- 6 ounces fresh lump crabmeat, drained
- 2 (3-oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/4 cups Japanese breadcrumbs (panko)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Chive Aïoli
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°. Generously grease 2 (12-cup) miniature muffin pans. Pick crabmeat, removing any bits of shell.
Stir cream cheese in a large bowl until smooth. Add 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese and next 6 ingredients; stir until smooth. Fold in crabmeat and parsley.
Combine remaining 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, and melted butter in a medium bowl; toss with a fork until breadcrumbs are moistened. Spoon 1 Tbsp. breadcrumb mixture into each muffin cup; press into bottom and up sides to form crust. Spoon 1 Tbsp. crab mixture into each crust.
Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pans 5 minutes. Run a knife around edges of crab cakes to loosen; gently lift cakes from pan. Serve warm or at room temperature topped with Chive Aïoli.