Parmesan-Crusted Chicken with Cranberry Chutney
Be sure to check the weight of each chicken breast to make sure it weighs in at 4 ounces before cooking. Often the skinless, boneless chicken breasts available in supermarkets weigh 6 to 8 ounces
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 219
- Fat: 3.9g
- Saturated fat: 1.5g
- Protein: 30.6g
- Carbohydrate: 14.3g
- Cholesterol: 70mg
- Iron: 1.5mg
- Sodium: 441mg
- Calories from fat: 16%
- Fiber: 1.0g
- Calcium: 93mg
- 1 (1 1/4-ounce) slice whole wheat bread
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 large egg white
- 4 (4-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1/4 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Place bread slice in a food processor; pulse 20 times or until fine crumbs form. Combine breadcrumbs and cheese in a shallow dish; set aside.
- Combine flour, salt, and pepper in a large heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag. Combine water and egg white in a shallow dish.
- Add chicken, 1 piece at a time, to flour mixture, shaking bag to coat. Remove chicken from bag, shaking off excess flour. Dip 1 side of chicken into egg white mixture; dredge dipped side in breadcrumb mixture. Place chicken, crumb side up, on a large baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Lightly coat chicken with cooking spray.
- Bake at 450° for 20 minutes or until done.
- While chicken is cooking, combine cranberry sauce and mustard; stir well. Serve with chicken.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes