- 1 (1 1/4-ounce) slice whole wheat bread
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 large egg white
- 4 (4-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1/4 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- calories 219
- fat 3.9 g
- satfat 1.5 g
- protein 30.6 g
- carbohydrate 14.3 g
- cholesterol 70 mg
- iron 1.5 mg
- sodium 441 mg
- caloriesfromfat 16 %
- fiber 1.0 g
- calcium 93 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 450°.
Place bread slice in a food processor; pulse 20 times or until fine crumbs form. Combine breadcrumbs and cheese in a shallow dish; set aside.
Combine flour, salt, and pepper in a large heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag. Combine water and egg white in a shallow dish.
Add chicken, 1 piece at a time, to flour mixture, shaking bag to coat. Remove chicken from bag, shaking off excess flour. Dip 1 side of chicken into egg white mixture; dredge dipped side in breadcrumb mixture. Place chicken, crumb side up, on a large baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Lightly coat chicken with cooking spray.
Bake at 450° for 20 minutes or until done.
While chicken is cooking, combine cranberry sauce and mustard; stir well. Serve with chicken.