Parmesan Crusted Chicken
Community Recipe from
- For Breading
- •1/2 cup all purpose flour
- •2 eggs, beaten
- •2/3 cup seasoned Italian breadcrumbs (I use Progresso)
- •1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- •1/4 teaspoon salt
- •1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- •2 tablespoons finely chopped mixed fresh herbs, such as thyme, parsley, chives, or rosemary
- For Chicken
- •4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded 1/4-inch thick
- •Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- •2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- •2 tablespoons olive oil
- •Lemon wedges for serving
- 1.Set up three large shallow bowls and a large plate in an assembly line. Put flour in the first bowl; eggs in the second; and mix bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, and chopped fresh herbs in the third.
- 2.Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper to taste. Dredge first chicken breast in flour; shake off excess until just a light coating remains. Next, dip in egg mixture and turn to coat evenly, letting excess egg drip off. Finally, dredge in bread crumb and Parmesan mixture, turning a few times to coat well. Set aside on plate and repeat until all chicken breasts are breaded.
- 3.Heat both oils in a large saute pan over medium heat. When oil is hot, add chicken breasts to pan and cook for 2-3 minutes, until first side is golden brown. Flip and continue cooking until done, 2-3 minutes longer. Serve immediately with lemon wedges
This recipe is a personal recipe added by dwanna and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Parmesan Crusted Chicken Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes