Parmesan-Crusted Chicken & Spinach Salad
Yield: 4 servings
More From I Can't Believe Its Not Butter!®
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated reduced fat Parmesan cheese
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, thinly sliced
- 3 egg whites, slightly beaten
- 4 tablespoons I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread, divided
- 1 medium shallot or 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 bag (5 oz.) baby spinach leaves
- Combine bread crumbs with cheese in large resealable plastic bag. Dip chicken in egg whites, then bread crumb mixture until evenly coated.
Melt 2 tablespoons I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook 1/2 of the chicken, turning once, 4 minutes or until throughly cooked. Remove chicken to serving platter and keep warm. Repeat with 2 tablespoons Spread and remaining chicken.
Heat remaining 2 tablespoons Spread in same skillet over medium heat and cook shallot, stirring frequently, 4 minutes or until tender. Stir in garlic and cook 30 seconds. Stir in lemon juice and cook 30 seconds. Remove from heat and allow pan to cool about 2 minutes. Toss in spinach. Season, if desired, with salt and ground black pepper. Serve wilted spinach over chicken.
TIP: Feel free to substitue your favorite salad greens. To save time, try using prepared cooked breaded chicken cutlets.
Cost per recipe*: $10.86.
Cost per serving*: $2.72.
*Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.
Smart Choices Program™ approved recipes were developed to bring nutrition to your kitchen with delicious recipes that help you make positive changes in your diet through a variety and balance of food choices from each of the major food groups.
Nutrition Information per serving:
Calories 320, Calories From Fat 110, Saturated Fat 2.5g, Trans Fat 0g, Total Fat 12g, Cholesterol 75mg, Sodium 590mg, Total Carbohydrate 19g, Sugars 2g, Dietary Fiber 2g, Protein 34g, Vitamin A 35%, Vitamin C 15%, Calcium 10%, Iron 15%
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads
Food & Wine