1. Preheat oven to 425°. Lightly butter a baking dish or individual grain dishes for the fillets.
2. In medium bowl, mix together the cheese, breadcrumbs, butter, mayonnaise, green onions, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco and lemon juice; season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside until needed.
3. Pat the fish fillets completely dry with paper towels (removing the moisture ensures they won't get mushy while baking); season generously with salt and pepper. Arrange the fish in a lightly buttered baking dish or individual gratin dishes.
4. Spread about 3 tablespoons of the cheese mixture over each fillet.
5. Place in preheated oven and bake until bubbly and almost cooked through, about 8 to 10 minutes. Temperature should be approximately 125-130° when tested at thickest part of fillet with meat thermometer.
6. Move fillets to broiler for 2 to 3 minutes to brown and crisp the tops. When done, the fish should flake easily with a fork.
7. Remove from oven, garnish with fresh parsley and serve immediately.
NOTE: Butter mixture may be made 24 hours ahead and kept refrigerated. Or dish can be assembled and refrigerated until just before serving.
Go to full version of