Southern Living SEPTEMBER 2008
1. Preheat oven to 375°. Whisk together eggs and 2 Tbsp. water.
2. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Dredge in breadcrumbs; dip in egg mixture, and dredge again in breadcrumbs.
3. Cook chicken, in batches, in hot oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
4. Arrange chicken in a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
5. Spoon marinara sauce over chicken, and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
6. Bake at 375° for 15 to 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion of chicken registers 170°.
7. Meanwhile, prepare pasta according to package directions. Toss hot cooked pasta with butter and parsley. Serve chicken over pasta with Tangy Feta Dressing Over Iceberg.
*1 tsp. table salt may be substituted.
Tangy Feta Dressing Over Iceberg: Stir together 1/2 cup mayonnaise, 1/2 (4-oz.) package crumbled feta cheese, 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley, and 1 to 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice. Stir in pepper to taste. Spoon dressing over 5 cups shredded iceberg lettuce. Makes 4 servings; Prep: 10 min.
Go to full version of