Parmesan Chicken with Arugula Salad and Tomato Vinaigrette
Photo: Johnny Miller; Styling: Erin Swift
More From Coastal Living
- 4 ounces artisan whole grain bread, torn into chunks
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated Parmesan cheese
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 2 small tomatoes, cut into pieces
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups (about 2 ounces) lightly packed baby arugula
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled with a vegetable peeler into long ribbons
- 1. Place bread in a food processor or blender, and pulse until fine crumbs form (about 1 1/2 cups). Stir in cheese, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper. Transfer mixture to a shallow bowl. Whisk eggs with 1 tablespoon water in a second shallow bowl.
- 2. Combine tomatoes, garlic, lemon juice, and 1/4 cup olive oil in food processor or blender; pulse until finely chopped. Season vinaigrette to taste with kosher salt and black pepper. Set aside.
- 3. Slice chicken breasts in half crosswise; pound to 1/4-inch thickness. Dip chicken into egg, allowing excess to drip off, and dredge in breadcrumb mixture. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat; add 4 chicken breast halves, and cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cooked through. Repeat with remaining 2 tablespoons oil and remaining chicken.
- 4. Toss arugula and cucumber with reserved vinaigrette in a large bowl. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note