Parmesan Cheese Squares
Yield: Makes 32 squares
More From Southern Living
Total: 30 Minutes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/2 cup butter, cut up
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Combine first 3 ingredients in a medium bowl; cut in butter with a pastry blender or two forks until crumbly. (Mixture will look very dry.) Gently press mixture together with hands, pressing until blended and smooth (about 2 to 3 minutes).
- 2. Roll dough into a 10- x 8-inch rectangle on a lightly floured surface. Cut dough into 32 squares using a pastry wheel or knife. Place squares on lightly greased baking sheets; brush with milk.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
Baked cheese squares may be frozen up to two months.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note