With a little tweaking this recipe turned out great! I used 1 cup of Kraft Natural Cheese finely shredded triple cheddar instead of Parmesan. I used 1 cup of evaporated milk, and 2 tspns of oil and 1/2 cup melted butter. Baked for 17 minutes. Yum! As suggested, I tried ths recipe for blueberries - used same changes as above and added 2 tspns vanilla and baked for 19 minutes. Delicious!
Parmesan Cheese Muffins
More From Southern Living
Bake: 18 Minutes
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a large bowl; make a well in center of mixture.
- Whisk together milk, oil, and eggs until well blended. Add to flour mixture, and stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Spoon mixture into lightly greased muffin pans, filling two-thirds full.
- Bake at 400° for 15 to 18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Breakfast Muffins: Add 1 cup cooked and crumbled ground pork sausage to flour mixture. Proceed with recipe as directed.
- Blueberry Muffins: Omit Parmesan cheese. Increase sugar to 1/2 cup; proceed with recipe as directed, folding 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries into prepared batter.
- Cranberry-Orange Muffins: Omit Parmesan cheese, and add 3/4 cup sweetened dried cranberries and 1 tablespoon grated orange rind to flour mixture. Increase sugar to 1/2 cup, and proceed as directed.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note