Made recipe as is and it is delicious, easy to prepare and fast. Great for leftovers too.
Parmesan Cheese Grits
Yield: Makes 5 servings
More From Southern Living
- 1 (14-oz.) can chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3/4 cup uncooked quick-cooking grits
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1. Bring chicken broth and 1 1/2 cups milk just to a boil in a large saucepan. Slowly stir in grits and 1/2 tsp. salt. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook, stirring occasionally, 6 to 7 minutes or until mixture is thickened. Add Parmesan cheese and pepper, stirring until cheese is melted.
- Cheddar Cheese Grits: Cook grits as directed, reducing salt to 1/4 tsp. and substituting 2 cups (8 oz.) shredded extra-sharp Cheddar cheese for Parmesan cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables