Parmesan Cheese Crackers
All you need to make cheese crackers is one ingredient: a chunk of parmesan cheese. If you like that ingredient, you'll like this appetizer or salad accompaniment. And it's ready in 15 minutes or less.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 58
- Calories from fat: 60%
- Protein: 5.1g
- Fat: 3.9g
- Saturated fat: 2.4g
- Carbohydrate: 0.5g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Sodium: 227mg
- Cholesterol: 9.6mg
- 2 tablespoons thinly shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 cracker
- Lightly oil a nonstick baking sheet, or cover a regular baking sheet with silicone-finished parchment or a silicone liner. Mound thinly shredded parmesan cheese on the pan, using 2 tablespoons per cracker. Place the portions at least 6 inches apart, then spread each mound into a 5- to 6-inch round with your fingertips.
- Bake in a 375° oven until cheese is pale golden brown and melded together, 3 to 4 minutes. Watch carefully - cheese tastes scorched if overbaked.
- While crackers are hot and flexible, lift from pan 1 at a time with a wide spatula and drape over a rolling pin (or a room-temperature wine bottle) until cool and rigid. Then use or package airtight at once. (If making crackers ahead, refrigerate up to 6 days.)
- Note: To get a lacy look, the cheese must be freshly shredded (the longer the shreds, the better) so it sticks together.
- Nutritional analysis per cracker.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This