- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound lean ground buffalo or bison
- 1 ounce grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese (about 1/4 cup)
- Cooking spray
- 4 (1 1/2-ounce) hamburger buns, toasted
- 1 cup baby arugula
- 4 thin slices red onion
- 4 tablespoons Balsamic Ketchup
- calories 368
- fat 16.5 g
- satfat 5.6 g
- monofat 7.5 g
- polyfat 1.8 g
- protein 30.3 g
- carbohydrate 27.8 g
- fiber 1.8 g
- cholesterol 68 mg
- iron 4.9 mg
- sodium 555 mg
- calcium 162 mg
How to Make It
Preheat grill to high heat.
Combine first 5 ingredients in a bowl. Divide buffalo mixture into 4 equal portions, gently shaping each into a 1/2-inch-thick patty. Press a nickel-sized indentation in the center of each patty.
Place patties on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 3 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness.
Place bottom bun halves on plates. Top each with 1/4 cup arugula, 1 onion slice, and 1 patty. Spread 1 tablespoon ketchup on top half of each bun; place on top of burgers.