- 1 package dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1/2 cups lukewarm water (105° to 115°)
- 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- Melted butter
- Coarse salt
- Dissolve yeast and honey in lukewarm water in a large mixing bowl; let stand 5 minutes. Gradually add 3 cups flour and cheese, beating at low speed of an electric mixer until smooth. Gradually add enough remaining flour to make a soft dough.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface; knead 6 to 8 minutes or until smooth and elastic.
- Divide dough into fourths. Clip each fourth into 12 equal portions, using a pair of kitchen shears. Roll each portion into a pencil-like stick 8 inches long. Place sticks about 1 inch apart on greased baking sheets. Brush with melted butter; sprinkle with coarse salt. Cover and let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 30 minutes or until doubled in bulk.
- Bake at 400° for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with soups or stews.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This