- 1 package dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1/2 cups lukewarm water (105° to 115°)
- 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- Melted butter
- Coarse salt
- Dissolve yeast and honey in lukewarm water in a large mixing bowl; let stand 5 minutes. Gradually add 3 cups flour and cheese, beating at low speed of an electric mixer until smooth. Gradually add enough remaining flour to make a soft dough.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface; knead 6 to 8 minutes or until smooth and elastic.
- Divide dough into fourths. Clip each fourth into 12 equal portions, using a pair of kitchen shears. Roll each portion into a pencil-like stick 8 inches long. Place sticks about 1 inch apart on greased baking sheets. Brush with melted butter; sprinkle with coarse salt. Cover and let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 30 minutes or until doubled in bulk.
- Bake at 400° for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with soups or stews.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note