Parmesan-Breaded Chicken with Creamy Sage Sauce
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 10 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 338
- Fat: 8.5g
- Saturated fat: 2.2g
- Protein: 43.6g
- Carbohydrate: 19.4g
- Cholesterol: 105mg
- Iron: 2.0mg
- Sodium: 573mg
- Calories from fat: 23%
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Calcium: 92mg
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup fresh French breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons (3/4 ounce) shredded fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 large egg white
- Cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons minced shallots (about
- 2 large)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup dry white wine or fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons light stick butter
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh sage
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Place each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; pound to 1/4-inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin.
- Combine breadcrumbs and next 4 ingredients in a shallow dish. Combine 1 tablespoon lemon juice, cornstarch, and egg white in another shallow dish. Stir well with a whisk.
- Dip each chicken breast half in egg white mixture; dredge in breadcrumb mixture. Place chicken breast halves on a wire rack; let stand 10 minutes. Place a baking sheet in oven to heat while chicken stands.
- Coat each chicken breast half well with cooking spray. Remove hot baking sheet from oven; coat with cooking spray. Place chicken breast halves on baking sheet, and bake at 450° for 20 to 25 minutes or until chicken is done.
- While chicken bakes, heat oil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Add shallots; sauté 2 minutes or until tender. Sprinkle shallots with flour; stir well, and cook 1 minute. Add broth, wine, and 1 teaspoon lemon juice; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 2 minutes or until thick, stirring occasionally. Add butter, stirring with a whisk until butter melts. Stir in chopped sage and salt. Serve immediately with chicken breast halves.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This