Very good and easy. It's basically mashed potatoes dressed up a bit. The chives add a lovely taste and a bit of crunch.
Parmesan-and-Chive Potato Gratin
More From Health
- Calories: 233
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated fat: 5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 9g
- Carbohydrate: 32g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 22mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 377mg
- Calcium: 178mg
- 3 pounds cubed, unpeeled red potatoes
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives or green onions
- 1. Place potatoes and garlic in a large saucepan; cover with cold water, and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until potatoes are tender when pierced with a knife (about 20 minutes). Drain; return to pot over low heat.
- 2. Add milk, butter, salt, and pepper. Mash potatoes with a potato masher to desired consistency.
- 3. Preheat broiler.
- 4. Transfer potatoes to a shallow 1 1/2-quart ovenproof casserole or baking dish. Combine cheese, breadcrumbs, and chives; sprinkle over potatoes. Broil 4-5 inches from heat source until cheese melts and starts to brown (3-4 minutes).
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note