Parchment-Baked Halibut With Sautéed Spinach
Try this combination of flavors with other seafood, like cod, shrimp, or salmon. Recipe by Kate Merker and Sara Quessenberry, August 2010. From the Real Simple website: http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/parchment-baked-halibut-orange-00000000037516/index.html.
- 4 6-ounce piece(s) skinless halibut fillet
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 12 sprig(s) fresh thyme
- 1 small orange, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 10-ounce package(s) spinach, thick stems removed (about 16 cups)
- 2 cup(s) fresh basil leaves
- 1. Heat oven to 400° F. Place the fish on one side of four 12- to 15-inch lengths of parchment.
- 2. Season the fish with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Top with thyme and orange slices.
- 3. Fold the parchment over the fish; make small overlapping folds along the edges to seal. Transfer to 2 baking sheets and bake for 12 minutes.
- 4. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the spinach, basil, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Cook, tossing, until just wilted, 2 to 3 minutes.
- 5. Carefully cut the packets open and serve with the spinach.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note