Parchment-baked Chicken with Arugula, Sage, and Rosemary
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 190
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 27g
- Carbohydrate: 2g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 73mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 208mg
- Calcium: 33mg
- 4 (12- x 8-inch) sheets parchment paper
- cooking spray
- 2 cups arugula leaves, torn
- 4 4- ounce skinless, boneless chicken-breast halves
- 2 teaspoon chopped fresh sage
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 cup chopped plum tomatoes
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoon sliced pitted kalamata olives (optional)
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°. Follow directions for heart-shaped parchment package at lower left.
- 2. Unfold parchment heart, and coat lightly with cooking spray, leaving a 2-inch border ungreased at edge.
- 3. Place 1/2 cup arugula on one side of parchment-paper heart so that it touches fold, but not ungreased border. Place a chicken breast over arugula; sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon sage and 1/2 teaspoon rosemary. Top with 1/4 cup tomato. Sprinkle with one-fourth of salt and black pepper, drizzle with 1 teaspoon olive oil, and top with 1 teaspoon olives, if desired.
- 4. Fold paper; seal edges with narrow folds. Repeat with the remaining parchment paper, chicken, and other ingredients.
- 5. Place packets on baking sheets. Bake at 450° for 20 minutes or until puffy and lightly browned. To serve, open packets and transfer arugula and chicken breast to plates; pour juices over top. Or serve right in packets; carefully transfer to plates and pierce each to allow steam to escape.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This
Food & Wine