- 4 (1/2-inch-thick) veal cutlets
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup commercial sour cream
- Fresh parsley sprigs
How to Make It
Sprinkle cutlets with salt and pepper. Dredge in flour, coating well. Sprinkle with paprika.
Sauté cutlets in oil in a large skillet over medium heat 5 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Remove cutlets from skillet to a paper towel, and discard pan drippings.
Return cutlets to skillet, and top with onion rings. Add water; cover and cook over low heat 45 minutes or until onion is tender. Remove from heat. Stir in sour cream just before serving. Transfer cutlets to a serving platter. Spoon sauce over top and garnish with parsley.