- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 small garlic clove, diced
- 8 ounces uncooked pappardelle (wide ribbon pasta)
- 8 ounces pencil-thin asparagus spears, cut into 2-inch-long slices (snap off tough ends before slicing)
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- calories 179
- fat 7 g
- satfat 3 g
- monofat 2 g
- polyfat 1 g
- protein 5 g
- carbohydrate 25 g
- fiber 2 g
- cholesterol 45 mg
- iron 2 mg
- sodium 106 mg
- calcium 27 mg
How to Make It
To make gremolata: Combine chopped parsley, lemon zest, and diced garlic in a small bowl; set aside.
Cook pasta in a large saucepan according to package directions. When 3 minutes of cooking time remains, add the asparagus; finish cooking. Drain in a colander; rinse with cold water.
Heat the same saucepan over medium heat; add cream, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Add pasta mixture to pan; toss to coat. Increase heat to medium-high; bring cream to a boil. Cook until almost all of the cream is absorbed (about 3 minutes), stirring constantly. Add half of gremolata to pan; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
Transfer to serving bowls; top with remaining gremolata. Serve immediately.