- 12 ounces pappardelle or other wide pasta, such as extra-wide egg noodles
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces button mushrooms, quartered
- Kernels sliced from 3 ears fresh corn
- 2 Anaheim or New Mexico chiles, or 1 seeded jalapeño chile, stemmed and thinly sliced
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces feta cheese
- calories 894
- caloriesfromfat 29 %
- protein 27 g
- fat 29 g
- satfat 15 g
- carbohydrate 136 g
- fiber 11 g
- sodium 776 mg
- cholesterol 135 mg
How to Make It
Bring a pot of generously salted water to a boil. Add pasta; cook, stirring occasionally, until pasta is tender to the bite. Drain pasta, reserving 2 cups cooking water.
Meanwhile, melt butter in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add garlic and mushrooms and cook, stirring, until mushrooms just begin to brown, about 2 minutes. Add corn and chiles and cook until chiles begin to soften, 2 to 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Add pasta and 1 1/2 cups reserved cooking water to corn mixture and toss until liquid is absorbed. Shut off heat. Coarsely crumble feta over pasta and toss, adding more cooking water if necessary to make a very thin sauce.