This was fantastic. I did put a few of my own twists on it. I used Trader Joe's lemon pepper Pappardelle. I used TJ's creamy goat in place of the cream cheese and also used their fresh peas. I always have homemade pesto in my freezer. This was restaurant quality and company worthy. Will definitely go into my rotation. I have made pasta with prawns in a creamy pesto sauce before but I love that this had the salmon which is so good for you too!
Pappardelle with Salmon and Peas in Pesto Cream Sauce
Using your favorite prepared pesto makes cooking this luscious cream sauce easy.
More From Coastal Living
Total: 25 Minutes
- 8 ounces pappardelle
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 (12-ounce) skinless salmon fillet
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1. Cook pasta in boiling salted water according to package directions. During the last minute of cooking, add peas; drain.
- 2. Meanwhile, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add olive oil. Sprinkle salmon with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper. Cook salmon in hot oil 5 to 6 minutes on each side. Transfer to a plate; flake into large pieces with a fork.
- 3. Heat another large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add cream, and simmer 3 minutes or until cream is slightly thickened. Reduce heat to medium-low; add cream cheese and pesto, whisking until smooth. Stir in pasta and peas; cook 1 minute, tossing frequently. Remove from heat, and gently stir in salmon, lemon zest, and remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes