This was fantastic. I did put a few of my own twists on it. I used Trader Joe's lemon pepper Pappardelle. I used TJ's creamy goat in place of the cream cheese and also used their fresh peas. I always have homemade pesto in my freezer. This was restaurant quality and company worthy. Will definitely go into my rotation. I have made pasta with prawns in a creamy pesto sauce before but I love that this had the salmon which is so good for you too!
Pappardelle with Salmon and Peas in Pesto Cream Sauce
Photo: Luca Trovato
More From Coastal Living
Total: 25 Minutes
- 8 ounces pappardelle
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 (12-ounce) skinless salmon fillet
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1. Cook pasta in boiling salted water according to package directions. During the last minute of cooking, add peas; drain.
- 2. Meanwhile, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add olive oil. Sprinkle salmon with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper. Cook salmon in hot oil 5 to 6 minutes on each side. Transfer to a plate; flake into large pieces with a fork.
- 3. Heat another large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add cream, and simmer 3 minutes or until cream is slightly thickened. Reduce heat to medium-low; add cream cheese and pesto, whisking until smooth. Stir in pasta and peas; cook 1 minute, tossing frequently. Remove from heat, and gently stir in salmon, lemon zest, and remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note