- 1 ripe papaya (about 1 pound), peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 2 (12-ounce) cans apricot nectar, chilled
- 1 1/4 cups unsweetened orange juice, chilled
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light rum
- 1 1/2 cups sparkling water, chilled
- calories 142
- caloriesfromfat 1 %
- fat 0.1 g
- satfat 0.0 g
- monofat 0.0 g
- polyfat 0.0 g
- protein 0.8 g
- carbohydrate 27.6 g
- fiber 1 g
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
- iron 0.0 mg
- sodium 4 mg
- calcium 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Combine first 5 ingredients in container of an electric blender; cover and process until mixture is smooth and sugar is dissolved. Add rum. Cover and chill, if desired.
Just before serving, stir in sparkling water. Serve over ice cubes.
For a cool make-ahead slush, freeze the pureed mixture for 8 hours. Spoon the mixture into glasses, and add sparkling water.