- 1 quart chopped papaya
- 2 cups peeled, cored, and chopped cooking apple
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons canned, chopped green chiles
- 1 tablespoon chopped candied ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- Combine all ingredients, except almonds, in a stainless steel stockpot. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add almonds; cook, uncovered, 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Mash fruit mixture lightly with a potato masher.
- Quickly ladle chutney into hot sterilized jars, leaving 1/2-inch head space. Remove air bubbles. Cover at once with metal lids, and screw bands tight. Process in boiling-water bath 10 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note