- 4 large eggs
- 8 prosciutto slices (about 4 ounces)
- 8 ounces artisan whole grain bread, torn into coarse chunks
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Kosher salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 romaine lettuce heart, sliced
- 1/4 to 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 small tomatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cucumber, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shaved Parmesan cheese
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°. Place eggs in a medium saucepan, and cover with cold water. Heat saucepan over medium heat until water just begins to boil. Remove pan from heat, cover, and set aside 12 minutes. Run eggs under cold water until cool enough to handle. Peel eggs, and coarsely chop; set aside.
Meanwhile, arrange prosciutto slices in a single layer on an aluminum foil- or parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Arrange bread chunks on a second baking sheet. Bake prosciutto 10 to 15 minutes or until crispy; bake bread about 8 minutes or until lightly toasted. When cool enough to handle, break prosciutto into large pieces. Set aside.
Whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, and garlic in a small bowl. Season dressing with kosher salt and black pepper to taste.
Toss bread, reserved eggs, lettuce, and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl. Add dressing, tossing to coat. Top with Parmesan and reserved prosciutto.