Nice salad. Followed ingredient list but added 1tbs mint to the basil. Only the tomato & onion went into the dressing and reserved basil/mint & bacon to add with the lettuce at the end. So easy but very good.
Panzanella Salad with Bacon, Tomato, and Basil
Make the tomato mixture a day ahead; toss with bread and lettuce just before serving.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: about 1 3/4 cups)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 190
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 6.2g
- Saturated fat: 1.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 6.8g
- Carbohydrate: 27.7g
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 541mg
- Calcium: 50mg
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons extravirgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups coarsely chopped tomato (about 1 1/3 pounds)
- 1/2 cup vertically sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 6 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- 1 (8-ounce) loaf day-old French bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups torn romaine lettuce
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a bowl; stir with a whisk. Add tomato, onion, basil, and bacon; toss well. Set aside.
- Arrange bread cubes in a single layer on a baking sheet; lightly coat bread with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until toasted; cool. Add bread and lettuce to tomato mixture; toss gently to combine. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads