I made this, but used Roma tomatoes, sliced and quartered. I served it warm (the dressing is warmed from the cooked onions and peppers). It was excellant.
Panzanella Salad with Cornbread Croutons
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Lydia Degaris Pursell
More From Southern Living
1 Hour, 30 Minutes
- Skillet Cornbread, cooled completely
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 pt. grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 English cucumber, quartered and sliced
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, halved
- 1/2 cup torn fresh basil leaves
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Cut cornbread into 1-inch cubes. Bake in a single layer on a lightly greased jelly-roll pan 15 minutes or until edges are golden, stirring halfway through.
- 2. Meanwhile, sauté bell pepper and onion in 1 Tbsp. hot olive oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 3. Whisk together lemon zest, lemon juice, honey, remaining 7 Tbsp. olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste in a large bowl; stir in onion mixture, tomatoes, and next 3 ingredients. Add toasted cornbread cubes, and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This