- Skillet Cornbread, cooled completely
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 pt. grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 English cucumber, quartered and sliced
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, halved
- 1/2 cup torn fresh basil leaves
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 400°. Cut cornbread into 1-inch cubes. Bake in a single layer on a lightly greased jelly-roll pan 15 minutes or until edges are golden, stirring halfway through.
Meanwhile, sauté bell pepper and onion in 1 Tbsp. hot olive oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
Whisk together lemon zest, lemon juice, honey, remaining 7 Tbsp. olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste in a large bowl; stir in onion mixture, tomatoes, and next 3 ingredients. Add toasted cornbread cubes, and toss to coat. Serve immediately.