- 8 ounces ciabatta, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 orange bell peppers (about 1 pound)
- 2 cups sliced radicchio (about 4 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 pound cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium cucumber, halved lengthwise, seeded, and sliced
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely chopped canned anchovy fillets
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup torn fresh basil leaves
- calories 136
- fat 6.8 g
- satfat 1 g
- monofat 4.8 g
- polyfat 0.8 g
- protein 3.5 g
- carbohydrate 16.6 g
- fiber 1.7 g
- cholesterol 2 mg
- iron 1.2 mg
- sodium 349 mg
- calcium 17 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°.
Place bread on a jelly-roll pan. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until crisp, stirring occasionally.
Cut bell peppers in half lengthwise; discard seeds and membranes. Place pepper halves, skin sides up, on a foil-lined baking sheet; flatten with hand. Broil 10 minutes or until blackened. Place in a heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag; seal. Let stand 10 minutes. Peel; cut into 1-inch pieces.
Combine bread, bell peppers, and next 4 ingredients (through cucumber) in a large bowl. Combine vinegar and next 4 ingredients (through black pepper) in a small bowl. Gradually add oil, stirring with a whisk. Pour over bread mixture; toss.
Let stand 20 minutes or just until bread begins to soften. Sprinkle with basil.