Prep: 20 minutes; other: 10 minutes
Juicy vine-ripened summer tomatoes are a must for this salad. The ciabatta bread should be slightly stale, so look for "day-old" sales at your local bakery.
Yield: 10 servings (serving size: 1 cup)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 153
- Fat: 7.6g
- Saturated fat: 1.9g
- Protein: 5.1g
- Carbohydrate: 17.4g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Iron: 1.2mg
- Sodium: 305mg
- Calcium: 79mg
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups chopped tomato (about 3 large)
- 1 cup chopped cucumber (about 1 small)
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) diced part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons chopped pitted kalamata olives (about 12)
- 1 (8-ounce) loaf day-old ciabatta bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1. Combine first 6 ingredients in a small bowl; stir well with a whisk.
- 2. Combine tomato and next 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Pour dressing over salad; toss gently. Let stand at least 10 minutes or until dressing soaks into bread.
- Panzanella (pahn-zah-NEHL-lah) is a Tuscan tomato-and-bread salad.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads