Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner
- 1 (1-pound) loaf ciabatta or other Italian bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1/2 pound red cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 pound yellow cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground white pepper
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons dried crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed well
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound baby arugula
- Pecorino cheese, crumbled
- Toss bread cubes with 1/4 cup olive oil to coat. Place on a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Set aside.
- Whisk together 6 tablespoons olive oil, red wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar, shallots, and basil. Pour over tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Let stand 1 hour.
- Sauté red onion, garlic, red pepper flakes, and rosemary in 1/4 cup olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 2 to 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in beans, and cook until thoroughly heated. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Combine remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil and lemon juice; pour over fennel.
- Toss together croutons, marinated tomatoes, bean mixture, fennel, and arugula. Sprinkle with crumbled pecorino, and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads