- 1 (1-pound) loaf ciabatta or other Italian bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1/2 pound red cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 pound yellow cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground white pepper
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons dried crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed well
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound baby arugula
- Pecorino cheese, crumbled
How to Make It
Toss bread cubes with 1/4 cup olive oil to coat. Place on a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Set aside.
Whisk together 6 tablespoons olive oil, red wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar, shallots, and basil. Pour over tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Let stand 1 hour.
Sauté red onion, garlic, red pepper flakes, and rosemary in 1/4 cup olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 2 to 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in beans, and cook until thoroughly heated. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
Combine remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil and lemon juice; pour over fennel.
Toss together croutons, marinated tomatoes, bean mixture, fennel, and arugula. Sprinkle with crumbled pecorino, and serve.