1. Prepare and bake 1 Tiered Pansy Cake recipe as directed. Repeat the procedure for the remaining recipe.
2. Cut domed top off each cake layer, using a serrated knife. Brush layers evenly with liqueur.
3. Prepare 1 Almond Cream Cheese Frosting recipe as directed. Repeat the procedure twice.
4. Cover 1 (10-inch), 1 (8-inch), and 1 (6-inch) sturdy cardboard cake circle with aluminum foil.
5. Spread a small amount of frosting on 1 side of 10-inch circle; top with 1 (10-inch) cake layer. Spread 1 jar of preserves over cake layer, leaving a 1-inch border. Top with remaining 10-inch cake layer.
6. Cut 4 wooden craft sticks to the height of 10-inch cake tier; insert vertically into cake tier, evenly spaced and level with top of tier, about 2 1/2 inches from sides.
7. Spread top and sides of cake with frosting, smoothing with a wet metal spatula. Chill up to 2 days, or freeze up to 2 months.
8. Assemble and frost 2 (8-inch) layers on cardboard circle as directed above, using half of the remaining jar of preserves. Assemble and frost 2 (6-inch) layers on cardboard circle as directed above, using remaining preserves and omitting craft sticks. Refrigerate up to 2 days, or freeze up to 2 months.
9. Position 8-inch tier in center of 10-inch tier; position 6-inch tier in center of 8-inch tier. Place cake on stand.
10. Insert a large coupler into a decorating bag. Fit bag with a metal tip. Fill with frosting, and pipe borders. Pipe a shell border on top edge of each tier using tip #21 (Wilton). Pipe a ribbon border on bottom edge of each tier using tip #67 (Wilton). Pipe a shell border, slightly overlapping the ribbon border, on bottom edge of the 10-inch tier.
11. Attach Crystallized Pansies to cake with a small amount of frosting.