Panna Cotta al Mascarpone con Fragole
Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner
- 2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 3/4 cup fresh lime juice, divided
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 2 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1 (8-ounce) carton mascarpone cheese
- 1 1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- Sprinkle gelatin over 1/2 cup lime juice in a small saucepan; let stand 1 minute. Add lime zest and 1/2 cup whipping cream. Cook over low heat, stirring until gelatin dissolves (about 2 minutes). Cool slightly.
- Whisk together mascarpone cheese and 1 cup sugar. Slowly whisk in remaining 2 cups whipping cream. Gradually whisk in gelatin mixture. Pour into 8 dessert glasses; cover and chill 8 hours or overnight.
- Combine remaining 1/2 cup sugar, remaining 1/4 cup lime juice, and butter in a small saucepan. Cook over low heat until sugar dissolves. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 3 minutes. Cool completely. Pour mixture over strawberries, tossing to coat. Spoon strawberry mixture over chilled panna cotta.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts