Panna al Forno
Chilling Time (Minimum): 3 Hours
- 2.2 cup(s) heavy whipping cream
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 whole(s) egg
- 1 or 2 Amaretto cookies crushed
- 5 tablespoon(s) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) granulated sugar (for caramel)
- Preheat oven to 320 F.
- Start by preparing the caramel:
- - in a pan, place 1/2 cup of granulated sugar and 1 or 2 tablespoons of water. place on stove and melt (without stirring!) until it reaches a light golden brown color.
- - remove from stove and pour in the bottom of a medium baking dish.
- Preparing the cream mix:
- - mix whipping cream, egg yolks, whole egg, 5 tablespoons of granulated sugar and Amaretto Cookie crumbs in a mixing bowl.
- Pour cream mix in medium baking dish (on top of the caramel, which by this time should be solidified).
- Place medium baking dish into a large baking dish of similar depth.
- Fill the large baking disk with water (creating a double-boiler). You can also place a couple of pieces of folded paper underneath the medium dish so as to prevent the bottom sections from touching each other and the bottom of the dessert from burning.
- Place in the oven and bake uncovered at 320F for 80 minutes. (gently add water to the double broiler if necessary throughout the baking process)
- Once baking is completed, allow to cool at room temperature, then cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Best enjoyed in small portions. when serving, be sure to spoon some of the caramel from the bottom of the dish onto each portion.
- This dessert really speaks for itself... no need for fancy berry concoctions or chocolate syrup...
This recipe is a personal recipe added by denisantoine and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note